Spin that reel – Lost Relics slot review
Netent finally manages to drop a great game again. Don’t get us wrong: we think Netent makes great games, but the last few games just did not really do it for us. Games like Archangels and Hotline were okay games but just did not have something special. But now the Game developer brings us Lost Relics! Lost Relics is played out on a 5 x 5 grid where you want to see groups of at least six matching symbols. The game has a clever design in which we observe the action from above as if the reels are turning within the stone floor. The light from the fire on the left gives the game a bit of a spooky feel which we like a lot.
The four higher value symbols include a gold ring, a battle helmet, a red gem with a snake around it, and a dagger; playing card symbols of red, yellow, green and blue make up the lower values. The base game has no wild symbol, but there is a scatter symbol which is the key to triggerin one of the Bonus Features.
Each time you land a winning combination in the base game, there’s a chance that one of the following mini-features will be triggered:
- Coin Win: this feature awards a coin win of between 3x and 30x your stake.
- Extra Scatter: one of the symbols in the winning combo becomes a scatter which can help to trigger the main feature of 3 scatters.
- Extra Wild: up to fifteen extra wilds are placed on the reels in positions which are not already part of the winning combo – any wins are then evaluated.
The Free Spins feature is triggered by landing three of the scatter symbols anywhere on reels one, three and five for which you will receive ten free spins. During the free spins, large chests are hidden under the symbol positions and a winning combo formed over the top will reveal all or part of the chest. More than one chest can be uncovered, the first two will be small or medium and after that the large chest becomes available. An uncovered chest will award one of the following features:
- Extra Free Spins – awards a random number ofextra spins.
- Sticky Wilds – a random number of wild symbol is added to the reels and remains in place until the spins end.
- Coin Wins – awards a random coin win of between 3x and 30x your stake.
We love this slot and it was about time Netent would deliver a game like this. We are all very much aware that the competition is fierce with other great cluster pay games like Reactoonz, Viking runecraft and Moon Princess. As we can expect from a Net Ent slot, Lost Relics looks great and the cluster pay setup combined with a variety of features make this game great fun to play. We had a good time exploring it. Definitely a game to try out.
Specifications Lost Relics slot
- Developer: Netent
- Reels: 5
- Win lines: cluster pays
- Bid: € 0.20 – € 400
- Jackpot: Yes, 6000 x
- Volatility: Medium
- Bonus Feature: Yes, free spins with sticky wilds, extra free spins and coin wins
- RTP: 96,30%