Spin that Reel – Jingle Spin slot review
It is only a matter of time before game providers will drop a new christmas slot at the end of the year. This also counts for NetEnt with their new Jingle Spin slot. This is a 5 reel slot with 20 paylines. Santa Claus trying to land gifts in the shape of baubles above the reels. When a wild in the shape of a gift lands on a reel, the bauble above that reel will trigger 1 of 4 bonus features. You can benefit from cash prizes, spreading wilds or free spins and you can also land a surprise bauble which gives you 1 of the 3 other features. In the Free Spins feature, you can win more free spins, cash bonuses and spreading wilds. Now if you are a bit familiar with slots, you have probably recognized the similarities with EggOMatic and a Microgaming game, Rabbit in the Hat.
There is a Christmas tree to the left of the reel set and on the right side we find Santa Claus holding a lever. All symbols have hooks on them and include A, K, Q, J and 10 royals as well as various Christmas tree decorations. We have pinecones, bells, reindeers, orange and cinnamon sticks and a red/gold bauble. This last one is the most rewarding symbol and will give you 50 times your stake for 5 across any payline. The wild symbol has the shape of a present and substitutes for all symbols to give you the best possible winning combination.
The game has a Christmas bauble wheel which is loaded by 4 different feature baubles. there are a Spreading a Coin Win bauble, a Wild bauble, a Free Spins bauble and a Surprise bauble. With each spin, Santa pulls the lever and if there’s something in the segment of the wheel, that bauble is dropped above reel 5 where one of the dwarves will hold it. With every spin, it gets tossed 1 position to the left. If you get a wild on the reel under 1 of the feature baubles, the corresponding bonus will be triggered and the dwarf holding the bauble will drop it.
Bonuses Jingle Spin
- Coin Win feature – Probably the least exciting of the four. When a wild appears under the reel where a coin amount is, you will then win the number displayed on the coin – up to 125 times your stake.
- Spreading Wild feature – When a wild appears under the reel where a Spreading Wild bauble is, the wild becomes a spreading wild which turns all adjacent and diagonal symbols into extra wilds for bigger wins.
- Free Spins feature – The one bauble you really want. When a wild appears under the reel where the Free Spins bauble is, you will be rewarded with 7 to 50 free spins.
- Surprise feature – When a wild appears under a reel where the Surprise Bauble is, 1 of the 3 above features is randomly played.
The Free Spins feature is the feature you are looking for in this game. The other features can give you pretty nice wins too, but the free spins are the most fun and have the most potential. Jingle Spin is a medium volatile game where you can win a maximum of of 473.75 times your stake on every spin/free spin. If the game is hot and you manage to get your share of free spins, this game can pay pretty nicely.
Jingle Spin will certainly bring you in the Christmas mood. The way the game plays clearly reminds us of EggOMatic, also by Netent, and Rabbit in the Hat of Microgaming, but this does not really matter. You definitely want to play the free spins so it is pretty exciting to see wether the wilds will drop right under your bauble you want to have. Most certainly worth a go, definitely in december with the christmas theme and the sound of crackling fire.
Specifications Jingle Spin
- Developer: Netent
- Reels: 5
- Win lines: 20 winlines
- Bid: € 0.40 – € 200
- Jackpot: Yes, 150
- Volatility: medium
- Bonus Feature: Yes, spreading wilds, free spins, coin wins
- RTP: 96.48%