Spin that reel – Emojiplanet slot review
Emojiplanet Slot is somewhat a stranger in our midst with its 5×6 grid. Most video slots have a 5×3 or a 6×3 grid, but not this brand new NetEnt powered slot. The game comes with regular and sticky Wilds combined with no less than five exciting bonus features. There are 8 emoji icons that occur on the reels and of course Netent picked the most popular ones such as poo, two-heart symbols, kiss marks, slices of pizza and of course the smileys.
Before you spin the reels, you need to regulate your bets. The bet Level is used to adjust the wager and the with the coin value you set the coin size. As usual there is a ‘max bet’ option that will spin the reels at the highest possible bet. Instead of spinning, symbols fall into positions. In order to get a winning combo, players need to form clusters of at least 5 identical symbols. The emoji symbol that pays the most is the smiley face. In the unlikely case that you land 30 of them simultaneously, you will win 500x your stake.
wilds on emojiplanet
The Wild logo can pop up anywhere on the reels and will substitute any symbol. When a wild substitutes a symbol the corresponding meter will fill up with 12 spaces. A corresponding Emoji feature will be activated once, when there are no more winning combinations to be formed. These five Emoji bonus games include the Pizza feature, Bomb feature, Kiss Mark feature, Rocket feature and the Two Hearts feature.
Each time a symbol is destroyed, it moves up the Emoji Meter, and when you manage to fill a meter completely, you will receive a special bonus. Once the meter is activated one of the special bonus features will be activated where players can win anything from cash prizes, 10 stacks of Wilds, 3×3 overlay symbols and 3 Sticky Wilds.
different bonus features
- The Bomb feature – 8 random symbols are destroyed and a random cash prize of between 5 and 100 times your stake is awarded for each symbol that is destroyed.
- The Pizza feature – a 3×3 overlay of a randomly chosen symbol, bar the scatter, randomly appears on the reels.
- The Kiss Mark feature – 3 sticky wilds are randomly added and remain on the reel set. Each sticky wild has 3 lives and when 1 of them is part of a winning combo, it loses a life meaning you’ll get 3 wins for each sticky wild.
- The Rocket feature – a stack of 10 wilds appear on and above 1 of the reels with a winning combo. In the following Avalanche, new wilds from the stack land on the reels until no more wilds remain.
- The Two Hearts feature – this is only played when no more winning combos or no other Emoji features are activated. Your total win depends on the number of times the meter is filled up plus 1.
Design of Emojiplanet
The design of this game is very appealing for many players because basically everybody knows and uses emoticons! It is not the most spectacular design, but it stays true to the way smileys are designed. The sound effects match well with the game and are not annoying.
We think there are more exciting games out there but the Emojiplanet slot is definitely fun to play for both the beginning and the more experienced player. At least it is not as a bad as Emoji the movie. Although there is no big progressive jackpot attached to it, you can still pick up a nice jackpot. This combination makes the game very nice to play and the cluster wins are a nice variation to the usual payline wins.
Specifications of the Emojiplanet slot
- Developer: Netent
- Reels: 5
- Win lines: clusters
- Bid: € 0.20 – € 200
- Jackpot: Yes, 10.000
- Volatility: Medium/high
- Bonus Feature: 6 variations
- RTP: 96,4%