Best verified online casinos for Australian players
As an Australian casino player it is not easy to find a trustworthy online casino. So where do you go when you live in Australia and you want to try your luck in an online casino? You are probably aware that online gambling is not allowed in Australia. Or should we say: online casino operators are prohibited from actively targeting Australian players. You as a player will never be prosecuted because of playing at an online casino. So no worries there.
Gambling in Australia changed quite a bit with the passage of The Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill 2016. The Amendment and proposed changes to the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (IGA) made many reputable online casino operators leave Australia and these were replaced by private land based casinos of which some have a very questionable reputation. For you as an Aussie, this has not made it easier to find fair and trustworthy online casinos. Fortunately there is casinokings.club where you can find casinos that have been verified by us so you can be 100% sure the casinos are legit and fair. We have also checked that not only the games are audited on a regular basis but that the casinos also don’t have any predatory conditions and that all personal information is securely transmitted and stored because of SSL and other security precautions.
Online casino’s for players from Australia[table id=63 /]
Although we have done our homework this does not mean you should not do yours. Make sure that if you decide to play at an online casino, you check the following 5 tips. Really, you should!
5 tips for Australian online casino players
- If a bonus is too good to be true, it probably is. Any online casino bonus will have a wager between 25 and 45 and sometimes a max bet that you are allowed to play while in bonus. Make sure you check this by reading the bonus terms and conditions before you accept the bonus. If things seem unfair or predatory, stay away!
- There are many online casino portals out there with poor reviews promoting rogue casinos. As you can see on our site we also have an extensive online casino blacklist where we continuously add rogue casinos that have poor security, treat players bad or have predatory conditions and unrealistic bonuses. Look at our blacklist, and avoid the casinos on our list. There’s a lot of bad casinos that are looking to scam you, and with the new laws, more of these sites are coming into Australia. Make sure to see if a casino is on a rogue list, and if it is, don’t play there. These sites will either have unfair games, poor management, or no intention of paying you your winnings at all.
- Have a chat with the customer support. This way you get a feeling about how the online casino treats its customers.
- Make sure you verify your account as soon as possible. This way the casino knows the account is legit and you can count on swift cashouts in case you win.
- Last but not least: only gamble with money you can affort to lose. The online casino always has the upper hand in the long run. Don’t think this is any different for you. It is also why there are so many online casinos. You can set play and loss limits, we advice you to do so because in the heat of the moment you can do impulsive things.
Deposits and withdrawals for Australian casino players
Visa and Mastercard may work for withdrawals with Visa being most likely. The funds can sometimes be sent via Bankwire and may incur fees, especially if you withdraw more than once per month. The withdrawal must go to a card you have used to deposit. This is standard procedure for almost all online casinos.
Bank Transfers or electronic funds transfer (EFT) often have a higher minimum and maximum withdrawal limits than other methods. They can also incur fees. Depending on casino processing time you can expect to see the funds in your account from within 3-10 banking days. Australians who deposit using their own debit or credit cards must often use this method to receive their winnings.
Another interesting, reliable and fast method is the use of an e-wallet. You can use Skrill or Neteller to quickly deposit and withdraw from your casino account.
Can Australians Gamble At Foreign Based Online Casinos?
Yes they can. The IGA does not prohibit Australians from gambling at offshore sites nor does it stop Australian online casino sites from providing gambling services to extraterritorial customers. In Australian states, operators offer activities excluded from the IGA: lotteries, online sports betting and keno are subjected to different regulatory models.
Acclaimed software providers like Microgaming, Net Entertainment and Playtech no longer offer games of chance to the Australia market. Australia is not the only country that is struggling with changing rules and regulations. The purpose of the new legislative changes in Australia is to protect players from unscrupulous operators. Human Services Minister, Alan Tudge said that many gambling sites can easily be accessed through the Internet. Another headache the Australian government faces is that 2.7% of its citizens are problem gamblers.
Be Gamble Aware
Sometimes casual gambling can result in problem gambling. Although Casinokings.club does not offer any casino games on its website we do understand the potential risks of gambling, and we find it is also our responsibility to make sure you’re aware of these risks too. If you feel like your gambling habits are affecting your life in any way, there are many ways to seek help or take some measures yourself.